When you think about selling your property, do you dwell on the possible work and stress involved? You’re not alone. Many homeowners share the same concerns.
But it doesn’t have to be that way.
In fact, there are plenty of ways to add some fun, anticipation, and even a sense of adventure to the selling process. Here are just a few ideas:
- Planfunthingstodowhenyourhomeisbeingshown.Thatcaninclude walks, sports activities, or trying something you and your family have never done before.
- Declutterforyourownbenefit.Insteadofthinkingaboutdeclutteringasa chore required for the sale, focus instead on how much more comfortable your home will be after decluttering. Studies consistently show that less clutter reduces stress and increases a sense of well- being.
- Geteveryoneinyourhomeanticipatingthemoveinapositiveway.Put pictures of your next home, including neighbourhood shots, on the fridge door. Sit together on the computer and explore your new neighbourhood’s features and amenities.
- Celebratemilestonesinthesellingprocess.Forexample,whenyou’re finished preparing your property for sale, go out to celebrate. Make a checklist of milestones and how you’ll celebrate each one.
- Getthehelpyouneed.Abigpartofthestressofsellingisthe anticipated work involved. Remember, you don’t have to do it all yourself. Much of what needs to be done can be handled by contractors and other professionals.
There are many other ways to make selling your home a positive and turbulent- free experience. Give me a call if you’d like more ideas and suggestions.